Sunday, December 21, 2008

Remembering You...


My mom went to be with the Lord six years ago yesterday. There's more than an enormous place in my heart soley reserved for my "mama". At times it feels like just yesterday I was laying my head in her lap so she could gently stroke my hair, b/c she knew that's what soothed me. However, other times it feels like an eternity that I was able to hug her and tell her how much I loved her.

She loved the little things in life, it never took much to make her happy. Just an outing to a grocery store with me would brighten her day (to this day, I wish I had indulged her just a bit more). She loved cooking amazing meals, she poured immense amounts of love into it. She adored time spent with just the four of us, family time was so important. She also relished the time spent with her sister and niece, and those were my best memories! Jen, her niece, had such a special place in her heart; as they were two of a kind!!! My Aunt was not only her sister, but her best friend and she misses her so much!

With every fiber of her being she loved and nurtured my sister and I. She sacrificed so much for us that words can't even describe. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about her and miss her immensely. As I just said to someone the other day, until I am reunited with her again, all I can do is pray that I see her beautiful face in my dreams.

I love you mom...

3 Fabulous Comments:

6 Worleys said...

your words are amazing.... i love you!!! i can't believe it's been 6 years!! my heart aches for just one more touch also!!!

Bloggymommy said...

Oh Amy, that brought tears to my eyes. What a beautiful devotion to her memory. She is a beautiful woman; you look just like her. I'm sure she is looking down at you everyday and realizing what a great job she did as a mother. You are truely one of the greatest people I have ever had the chance to get to know; even if it is just online.

There are no words that I or anyone else could ever say to make you feel 100% better but just know that even though she is not here with you in person she is always (ALWAYS) with you in spirit. Just as you say how amazing she is, know that to me and I'm sure many others you are just as amazing. God bless you and your family! ((HUGS))

k.mart said...

Oh Amy, I always remember your mom... how she would bring us surprises and take us out to that little Italian restaurant just as you went into downtown Sylva. She always had such a beautiful smile and it was SO OBVIOUS that you girls were the light and joy of her heart.

What a beautiful way to remember her! It is hard for me to read, but only because I can't imagine and I so wish I could give you a few more moments. I'll have to leave that to Jesus but, when we all get there, I can't wait to see the reunion.