Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Quick trip BACK to Florida...


We went to Orlando this year for Thanksgiving. This was the first year celebrating Thanksgiving without my Grandmother. She passed away last February, so it was particularly hard on us and especially my Grandfather. Her presence was certainly missed...her running around preparing things, snipping at people to get out of her way, breaking out in a sweat...so I had the pleasure of taking on that role this year! We all know by now that I don't cook, BUT I can surely throw a casserole together. My sister prepared most of the casseroles, and then she was out like a fat kid in dodge ball...leaving the rest for me. You know, all the timing of the casseroles, turkey, biscuits...and then setting the table and the hour of clean up, while everyone kicked back! Ya'll would have been so proud of me :) Jero would not appreciate me bragging about my Thanksgiving day accomplishments. His thoughts are, "Don't do it and gloat about it, just do it!" Well I say, the heck with that I worked my little bootie off! ***Taking a bow***

So, onto the airplane "drama"! I bought Kamden one of those CHEAPLY made, but not so CHEAPLY priced, remote control airplanes. Well, if ya'll didn't know already, I'm married to a big kid who just HAD to try it out first...and guess where it landed??? Oh YES, you guessed right...THE ROOF!!!

So, we came across this ladder. This picture doesn't do much justice in showing how very SHORT this ladder actually was! I didn't get a lot of pictures of Jero trying his very best to get on the roof with this stunted ladder...but, lets just say it was HILARIOUS watching him try!

So funny that my sister was in tears! This picture, also, does no justice in expressing how hard she was laughing...it was just one of those "moments", laughing till you cry-there's nothing better than that! I, however, didn't find it quite as funny as I was envisioning an impending hospital visit!


Low and behold, he made it up there (after discovering a much taller ladder, thanks to Gramps).

Kamden was sooo upset that he couldn't bare to watch!!! I'm not sure if he was upset for Jero or for his plane???

What a hero Jeromy was!!! We wouldn't be making that mistake again!

Yes, there is that tall ladder we needed so badly...worked much better :)



And there is our Happy Camper!!! No damage to the plane OR Jeromy...thank heavens!!!



Just us girls!

It was such a wonderful visit that I am very grateful for! I hope everyone had a blessed Thanksgiving!!! Christmas is on it's way...YAY!

1 Fabulous Comments:

Bloggymommy said...

Looks like fun! Glad to you got to spend Thanksgiving with your family. Sorry to hear about your grams! ((hugs))