Friday, February 4, 2011

Seriously...WHY???

I'm gonna make this short and sweet...not sweet, but short because I have GOT to get moving and run some errands today. 

I was supposed to start my period on Monday and when it didn't come, I naturally got a little excited.  Tuesday comes, nothing.  Wednesday, nothing.  Thursday, nothing.  I tested Wednesday night and got a faint positive..WOW, Thursday morning another faint positive... even bigger WOW!!  So, I called my RE and they asked me to come in for a blood test (this was yesterday).  Let me just throw in that when I was talking to the girl at the RE's office about the faint positives and how I was 3 days late (which I never am), she started to take my blood and said this "Oh, you're definitely pregnant"...insert even more giddy excitement here!!  Words could not even describe how ridiculously excited I was Thursday morning...I was OUT.OF.CONTROL!!  I went back to work after the blood test and shared the news with a couple girls that know my struggle...all we could do was giggle and act crazy.  HOURS later, I mean the longest hours of my life, I called my RE's office right when they came back from lunch.  I told her I couldn't wait anymore and I was curious if they had the results.  She placed me on hold and came back..."Amy I'm sorry the HCG levels aren't high enough, it's a negative".  I was soo short with her and got off QUICK!

Well, you know I've heard that before (like 19ish times), so I guess I expected it...but the higher your hopes, the harder the fall!!  I've never been that late, I've NEVER gotten a positive test...so, yea, I was pretty hopeful.  Well, about two hours later, the RE's office called me back.  Deborah just wanted to let me know that my Dr had a chance to look over my labs and it was his opinion that I certainly was pregnant, but unfortunately the little egg was unable to implant in my uterus....this is called a chemical pregnancy.  Another term would be a verry early miscarriage.  I almost even hate to use the word miscarriage, I feel like that does some injustice to women who truly experience heartbreaking miscarriages...but that is the term for chemical pregnancy :(  I think sweet little Deborah learned her lesson about saying "Oh, you're definitely pregnant"...I mean she works in an infertility clinic, probably not a good thing to say to someone, but she is the sweetest so I forgive her ;)  So, now I just wait for something...a period, a slight miscarriage...who knows??

Also, I learned a week ago during my annual pap that I might have endometriosis :(  I have several symptoms and indicators.  Kinda makes sense really, I just wish someone had mentioned this earlier!  So, I will be doing this lap surgery on February 25th in HIGH hopes that it will help my infertility...also a bonus that it will help my heavy and crampy cycles.  It's overwhelming knowing I will be having to have surgery, but also that it seems to be quite expensive :(  Anyone had this that can advise on any part of it??

I still feel like the most blessed and loved child of God!  He is amazing and has provided me with more strength and peace than I could ever imagine...truly a peace that surpasses all understanding.  Valleys aren't meant to be destinations, just a journey for a place of learning...thanks Charles Stanley!!


7 Fabulous Comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh I feel for you!! Think of it this way, at least you know you CAN get pregnant. I'm so sorry you had to go through the ups and downs this past week, but your outlook is amazing. Good luck with the surgery too!

waiting and wishing said...

Amy I am so sorry! It sounds like you've had one roller coaster of a week. I will be praying for you as you get through this hard time and as you prepare for your lap. Hopefully it will bring answers and renewed hope. Thinking of you, girl!

Lynn said...

So sorry Amy! I know you must be emotionally exhausted from this week. Keep trusting God for He has a plan. We are still praying for you daily!! Love you!

Stephanie said...

Words can't describe, I'm sorry. Been there, done that - exactly. You have a strong faith and lean on God. He will get you through. Sending hugs and high hopes for the lap on 2/25!!

k.mart said...

Ouch. :(

What an emotional roller coaster!! Amy you are growing so much strength right now. When life throws us curve balls we, as I believe Stanley?? says, can either become bitter or better.

You are choosing better, and that is amazing.

Hang in there. For when your strength and faith combine with His ultimate plan for motherhood... watch out, world. It, too, will be amazing!

Anonymous said...

Oh Amy, my heart goes out to you...what a roller coaster that must have been.

I will be waiting with bated breath to see how the next month goes. I have a feeling that great things are coming for you :)

I know I say this every time, but I admire your ability to get back up each time you get knocked down. There aren't many people who could handle that, but obviously you are not one of them.

GREAT things are coming for you, I just KNOW it!!

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about this! I know how much this sucks, and it is so unfair to be pregnant and then have it taken away like that. Thinking of you and wishing for better things this month.