Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Disturbing baby dreams

Just like when you're planning your wedding and you have these devastating dreams of wedding day disasters, I have the same about having a baby!!

This is not the first dream by far, and probably won't be the last.

Last night (or more like this morning) I dreamt I was pregnant...fun right??  NOT!  Why can't I have sweet dreams of having and holding a pretty, healthy little baby?  In all of my dreams I always have this SMALL baby bump, but yet I'm almost due.  Last night it was the same thing, and I kept asking the nurse why I was so small.  My hubs was there and I was worried why I was so small, but I kept saying to him "well at least I won't have much weight to lose" (this is a little fear of mine, all worth it, but I can see why it pops up in my dreams!). 

Anyways, so I feel these pains which I'm assuming are contractions.  My nurse walks me through the delivery room so I am familiar with the setup.  Wellll, this delivery room was a stage and there was an audience to watch me deliver, mostly friends and family.  The nurse explained there would also be another lady next to me delivering too and that there were people there for her, but watching me as well.  I remember thinking in my dream how odd that was, but I never questioned it.

After the interesting tour, my nurse sat me down and started going over some test results.  I was so anxious to hear them, because I just knew there was a problem because I was so small.  The nurse starts laughing hysterically, and I keep asking her "What? What?".  She said, "Your baby definitely has some problems, not even sure surgery will fix them.  Your babies heart has some major issues and it probably won't survive, but we'll just have to wait and see."  I just remember feeling so sunk with despair, anguish and sadness while this crazy lady just kept laughing...and then I woke up....thank God!!!!

Pleeeease Lord, no more bad dreams like this!!!!  Apparently I have a lot going on in that subconscious mind of mine.  My sister-in-law and I were just talking about dreams and how they make you feel right when you wake up.  It's like you still feel that same emotion that was in your dream, right when you wake up and it takes a while for it to dissipate.  She had a dream of her hubs cheating (I've had a few of those too), and you wake up MAD as heck at your hubs...as if he TRULY did exactly what you dreamt about.  If I had a bad dream about someone, I have to call them to tell them I love them or see how they're doing.  But, these baby dreams...I just have to put it out of my mind! 

1 Fabulous Comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh gosh, that just sounds awful!! Why is your mind playing tricks on you like that? Know that they are just dreams, and ONLY dreams.