Thursday, February 24, 2011

Randomness and Surgery...

My lap surgery is tomorrow...excited and nervous is how I'm feeling!  I'm nervous because I've never had surgery before, and you know the biggest thing I'm scared of.....throwing up after waking up!! ha!  Shouldn't be my biggest concern right?  I'm excited though because I'm praying and hoping that there is something there to "fix"!  It would be the biggest bummer if he went in and all looked fine.  Bummer because endo wouldn't be my "issue" and bummer because of how expensive it is!  In my pre-op I almost wanted to make a pact with my doc to tell my husband that there WAS endo, even if there wasn't.  My hubs just doesn't want all this done in vain.  But, as Dr J says, he wouldn't do this if he didn't truly think I had it, so we'll see...

Now for a bit of the most random thoughts and going ons:

*I wish I could blog about more than just my infertility!!
*Baseball season is upon us and I'm dreeeading it...wondering if I can even get pregnant during BB season because my hubs is soo incredibly "committed"
*Would like to get back to my "pre trying to make a baby and failing" weight
*Is hoping that my IRL friends/family and my sweet cyber friends would finally get their miracle too...I pray for you frequently by name!!
*Loves Emily on the Bachelor...team Emily!
*Is thinking if I got pregnant in a couple months, I might have a leap year baby ;)
*Gas prices...WTH??  Just bought a Tahoe...WTH??
*Reading "Prince of Tides", just started it and it already seems like a great pick!
*Wants twins...one and done, please and thank you ;)
*Sees the good in infertility every once in a while, there is ALWAYS some good to come out of suffering...
*Regarding the statement above, I fall more and more in love with my amazing and supportive husband everyday
*I don't want Oprah to end :(
*Can't wait to go on vacation in April...it's time!
*Hates having to be at work at 6:30am...blaaaahhhhhh I hate mornings!!
*I'm secretly scared to have a baby...I mean, it's life changing...but I'm so ready!
*Excited to be catching up on some movies this weekend while I recover
*Is hoping my awesome cousin has an amazing birthday today...LOVE YOU Jen!
*That's all, for now...

6 Fabulous Comments:

sbusbyjbs said...

Amy,
We continue to pray for you on a daily basis. Your miracle will come, all in God's timing! Trust me, we had to be patient and 6 yrs later we have a little miracle! I have also had 2 Laps done, so if you have any questions get my number from Christie. Thinking about you :)
April

Christie Brookshire said...

Hope all goes well and enjoy your tv time while recovering!! I liked your random thoughts :) I'm also Team Emily and feel your pain with the gas/Tahoe ordeal.

Anonymous said...

I hope all goes well tomorrow!! And I really hope this is the answer you've been looking for :)I will be thinking of you and hoping this is the last step between you and your little miracle!!

And believe me, I KNOW the fear surrounding having a baby, but I always remind myself that the most rewarding things never come easy. But I think you know that already ;) Good luck tomorrow!!

waiting and wishing said...

I'll be praying for you tomorrow, Amy! I am totally with you on the twin thing. I told my husband yesterday that I hoped I got pregnant with twins and he nearly drove off the road. Seriously, I am NOT interested in doing this all over again!!!

Stephanie said...

Good luck with your surgery tomorrow! I'll be thinking about you.

Lynn said...

Good luck with your surgery. We are praying for you! Let me know if you need anything. Love your random thoughts!! I always wanted twin girls--guess God had different plans-- but I would NOT trade my boys in for ANYTHING!!!! Love you!!