Wednesday, October 27, 2010

On a superficial note...

I'm over the initial shock of the failed IUI.  A TTC friend of mine told me her first failed IUI was a shocker too.  I guess that it's just you figure after trying naturally, surely a procedure like this would work...and when it doesn't, it's just a shock to the system.  I've been, coincidentally, seeing and hearing so much in God's word about waiting on Him and being patient.  This is the resolve and truth that I remind myself of daily!  I really don't want to miss out on the Lord's blessings due to focusing on my own desires and my own needs ahead of His plans for me!!

One of my biggest fears is gaining weight.  I KNOW how horrible and SUPERficial that sounds!  I have already come to the realization that I will inevitably gain weight when I get pregnant...fine by me, it would soo be worth it!  What I haven't expected was gaining weight due to the stress of TTC AND the fertility meds :( 

On my honeymoon (three years ago), I weighed 109 lbs!  See above picture...and, I thought I was fat at the time...me=crazy!!  So, now I weigh 124 lbs, give or take a pound or two...on a good day I weigh 121.  I am not even five feet tall, I'm about 4'11".  I know that naturally I've gained a little weight from settling into marriage, but I also know that the TTC junk has a lot to do with the most recent weight gain.



This picture is just a couple months ago...my stomach has taken on a whole new shape (my friend next to me has two kids, she looks great)!!  Be glad you can't see the rest of my body.  Once again, I know this is shallow and I'll probably look back on THIS pic and think I was soo skinny.  It's all relative though, and this is yuck to ME.  I just feel uncomfortable and not cute lately.  I have heard on other blogs and read that fertility meds, particularly Clomid, can cause roughly five to ten pounds of weight gain per cycle!!  The kicker is that I hate working out.  I'm not good at it, the minute I break a sweat I think it's absolutely time to cool down! 

What to do??  Who knows.  I'm not doing any meds this cycle, and due to a baseball trip for Jero in November, I won't be doing one next month.  But...then here comes the holidays...uggghh!  I don't really eat that bad at all.  I think I just need to eat even better and maybe push it a little harder at the gym...cause who the heck wants to gain weight BEFORE they get pregnant???


7 Fabulous Comments:

Serenity said...

lol...You look great, stop stressing.

Stephanie said...

One, you look amazing! And two, if it makes you feel better, I didn't gain any weight with Clomid and I've done 6 cycles of it! I did 3 cycles in the spring back to back and then actually lost about 25 lbs with watching my calories and 4-5x workouts. Then in August through now I've done 3 more cycles. I've gained back 5 pounds since my initial loss in June 2010. (hanging my head, I stopped working out and stopped watching my calories as closely). I'm on Metformin due to PCOS and that helps, so maybe the Clomid and Metformin are canceling each other out...

Christie Brookshire said...

okay ~ how many times have I told you (in a loving sisterly sort of way) that you have a nice butt? Look at it this way, if you were on birth control, you'd gain a few pounds that way too. You're hot!

tiffabbey said...

Amy you look amazing...you will always be beautiful...regardless of the amount you weigh. I would really like to have you talk to my pharmacist/owner/boss. He's helped so many women...and I know you are being patient now and waiting, but maybe in the meantime you can try some simple stuff and who knows... ??? Let me know if you want his info.
And forget about being fat...you're gorgeous!

amy said...

Thank you sweet girls. Let me just say, I didn't post this fishing for compliments...I truly feel a little "out of control" with the weight gain lately and it's bothersome!

Stephanie, that gives me some hope. I just have it stuck in my head that I will always gain weight doing medicated cycles :(

Christie, yes I know you like my butt...and I like you for that :) I only hope I can look as good as you after two kids!

Tiffany, YES, I would love to have his info. I'm game for any ideas!! Thank you for your sweet comments :)

Stephanie said...

I feel the same way! I’ve always been small like you and I’ve gained about 10 pounds throughout all of the this. I noticed it first when I got off of BCP, and I’ve also noticed that the look of my stomach changes throughout my cycle. I haven’t been able to pinpoint when I’m at my smallest and when I look bloated, but I have decided to quit getting on that scale. It just adds salt to the wound. And I’m horrible at working out too! At least we have husbands who love us no matter what we look like. You are beautiful! :)

amy said...

Stephanie,

Thank you! So sweet :) You're right, supportive husbands are a MUST or we couldn't get through this!

I'm glad you understand, it just sucks to have to deal with gaining weight while struggling with TTC!