Thursday, October 7, 2010

To test?

The joys of trying to conceive have become few and far between.  It's more like the stress of TTC, or the anxiety of TTC or the frustration of TTC.  However, I can find a little humor in it still.  I was reminded of this humor stumbling upon one of my TTC friend's blogs today.  A while back (maybe when I had more humor about the TTC journey) I posted a list of one liners "You Know You're TTC When:"  It really is soo funny and sooo darn true, almost depressingly true! 

I would say for at least the first nine months of trying, I was a home pregnancy tester FREAK (a serial POAS'er in TTC terms)!  I should most definitely have stock in these.  I've bought the cheap, the expensive and everything in between.  At five days out of getting my period I would start testing!  However, after sooo many negatives it did start to become too emotional and expensive, so I stopped.  I always buy them at the same place, Walgreens...it's convenient, it's on my way home from work.  Whenever I go check out, I always get the same cashier.  It's an older sweet lady.  She never misses a beat.  Every single time I check out she says "Awww, will this be your first?"  I just look at her and say "Yes, God willing".  She replies "Ooooh I bet you'll be a great mother, I hope you're pregnant".  Inevitably I go back in a few days after buying the HPT's and buy stupid tampons! 

So, I am itching to go to Walgreens after work today.  I am less than five days away from getting my period OR NOT getting it.  I keep wavering.  I'm a little crampy, different kinda crampy, but still crampy...and that has me in the dumps!  I'm not sure if I could endure another "Will this be your first?" or another negative pregnancy test.  I have felt no symptoms this month.  Problem is if I test too early it could show a false positive due to the HCG shot I had.  Apparently a test can show positive for like 12 days or something, from the shot?  Now that would be a cruel joke :(  Maybe I might just test to see something positive in all of this, even if it is false. 

Anyways, I am still hopeful, I probably sound a little negative but I think I'm just apprehensive is all.  I think I will buy some tests, maybe I won't see the sweet check out lady :)  I'll keep ya'll posted...I should know something this weekend!






3 Fabulous Comments:

Serenity said...

Good luck!

k.mart said...

biting my nails, yet believing in His perfect timing for your family!!!

Ecclesiastes 3:11... "He has made everything beautiful in its time..."

amy said...

Thank you guys!! I appreciate the sweet comments. Katrina, I needed to be reminded of that! I had to go and re-read one of my posts regarding waiting on Him...He won't be a minute late. I had a mini meltdown last nite when my cramps got worse and a preg test came back negative. But then today, still no period and no more cramps?? Whatever the case, it's His plan :)