Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Support

I received an email the other day from a friend of mine that shares other struggles with me.  I feel so compelled to share this email on my blog.  It was so beautifully written and I asked her if I could share it here.  When she responded to me she said that she felt her words came from the Lord, that she prayed for the right things to say to me.  I hope in sharing this email, it will bring others comfort, as it did me.

Hey Amy. I read your blog post on Sunday night. I just wanted to say that I admire your courage in sharing your struggles. Transparency in your struggles is a gift you give your close family and friends. I think so many relationships are lacking because people are afraid to share their hurt and heartache. God is glorified on such a magnificent level through our suffering. When we suffer and proclaim that God is enough!!! That takes strength and courage and such a deep faith. Its easy to share the good times with people but I don't think (I could be wrong here)it makes as deep an impact on the hearts of others. This is a heartbreaking journey. It can crush you and cause you to lose faith, but Our Heavenly Father IS sovereign over your life. I think when we cry out in pain to HIM he will wrap His arms around you and comfort you in a way that no person can. Be angry, sad and frustrated. He knows your heart and loves you no matter what.



“And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you.” 1 Peter 5:10


Praying for you!


Ashley

4 Fabulous Comments:

Stephanie said...

I needed to read that email today. Thank you and your friend for sharing!

amy said...

Stephanie, I'm so glad it brought you comfort today :) She's a wonderful friend! And remember that scripture she included, it's even more comforting and reassuring of His promises!!

I hope you're doing ok, thinking about you!

Christie Brookshire said...

That was so sweet! Isn't it nice to know that you have so many people pulling/praying/thinking about you all? It must feel really good :)

tiffabbey said...

I'm glad you shared that too. It reminds me that we all struggle with something (and I think you said that the other day)...and that letter to you is something that all of us that struggle can use and apply to our lives. Struggling gets us closer to him who provides grace when we need it.

Thanks Amy!