Monday, September 8, 2008

This I Pray...

What do ya' know...I've already got something to blog about :)

I'm in the midst of reading Rick Warren's "Purpose Driven Life" (fantastic book by the way), and he touched on something that makes so much sense to me. I have so much that weighs on my heart to lift up to the Lord! BUT, by the time my bootie hits the sack, I get about two of those very important prayers out...and then, I'm OUT! Well, then comes the morning time and I'm movin' and groovin'... get ready for work, go to work and before you know it I'm back in bed trying to get even more prayers out...and then...you guessed it, I'm OUT! Sooo...Rick quotes from another author saying "I do not advise you to use a great multiplicity of words in prayer, since long discourses are often occasions for wondering". Wondering, in my case, means falling fast asleep ;)

What I have gained from this is to pray without ceasing ALL DAY. Not a problem! Keep it precise, but can also be short and sweet! He calls them "breath prayers"...in one breath use a simple phrase: "You are with me", "I belong to you", "Please watch over my sister", "You are my God"...making sure that you are HONORING Him as well, not just using these to control Him.

Ok, so this isn't anything new (I know), but I never put it into perspective like this before. Thank you, Lord, for your guidance in this!

0 Fabulous Comments: