Thursday, September 11, 2008

7 Years Later

I just wanted to take the time to remember those that were lost on this day, 7 years ago. I know I still can't wrap my mind around the tragedy that occurred that day. We must never forget this day in history, we should always memorialize it. I do every year with my thoughts and prayers going out to the families that lost their loved ones.

I can remember what I was doing the exact moment I found out...as I'm sure most of us do. I was driving my, then, two year old niece to preschool. I was listening on the radio to every detail, and when I reached her school, noone knew yet. I informed them and they immediately ran to TV's throughout the building. I went off to work, once I got there it was as if the world had just stopped. My co-worker and I just watched in utter shock with tears welling up in our eyes! It was all such a sad and horrific scene.

America will certainly never forget this, and we are in the midst of a war in an effort to never let this happen again! So, as I remember this day, I also want to make a stand in this presidential debate that has everything to do with the war. I'm NOT good with political commentary, but my concern is this: Do we really want to pull our troops out and risk another 9/11? I have the upmost respect for our troops, and it is honorable the way they risk their lives every day for our safety!!! God Bless our Troops!







VOTE MCCAIN/PALIN!!!

3 Fabulous Comments:

k.mart said...

Yay! You've joined the blogging world and I couldn't be more thrilled... first, the chance to get to know you even better during this wonderful season of your life and second, so I can leave you comments! I always wanted to respond before and now I have the chance. Beautiful blog... can't wait to see more!

Anonymous said...

Amy, my beautiful cousin, I never knew you were such a wonderful writer! This is the second time I've logged on to your page and I have really enjoyed reading your honest words. I love you so much and hope you enjoy blogging. XOXO!

Unknown said...

Amy, thank you so much for doing this page. I miss and love all of you soooo much.
Dad