Sunday, March 7, 2010

Try, try again...

We decided to start "trying" sometime after the year mark of being married. We weren't quite ready, for various reasons at that point.  But, by the next summer I was all to ready! Ahhh, this should be easy...if it doesn't happen the first month, surely by the next, no PROB! Now, moving along into my ninth cycle, all I can say is I'm in disbelief?!  I certainly don't want to sound insensitive on my blog expressing our concern and disappointment over this matter.  I chat with girls everyday (online) that are going through this process and have been going through it for MUCH longer than I.  I fully understand that it hasn't been an eternity.  It feels like it, but it's not.  I also TRY TO accept and understand the fact that it can take much longer for us as well.

At six months we were frustrated, concerned and disheartened. By eight months, last month, it was time to go to the doctor!! The "proverbial" clock is a tickin'...and IT.IS.LOUD! I realize I'm going to be 32 in two months, and I suppose I have time on my side, but I don't feel that way. I want two babies, I wanted them to be a few years apart...however, this option has become so trivial and unimportant. I will take what I can get, when I can get it. This is how you get in this process. Yea, the whole idea of having a boy at the age of __ (fill in the blank), followed by a girl at the age of __ (you know, fill in the blank)...is O-U-T the window. But, this is ok. This process has more than humbled me. What was so crucial at one point in my life has become so insignificant now.  First and foremost, I want the Lord's will to be done in our life. Secondly, I just want a HEALTHY baby...boy or girl, one or two or THREE (haha). 

So, WE went to the doctor. Yes, Jeromy had to do his "part" too. And, yes, I will spill all his personal information. He's part of this journey too...he won't care, I don't think.




P.S. I just want to thank Kristi from http://www.kristiskringles.blogspot.com/  for the awesome, beautiful job she did on the face of my blog! I looove it!

4 Fabulous Comments:

Lynn said...

Amy, We are praying for you. We know that both of you will be awesome parents. You do still have plenty of time--I mean look at me -first baby 37 I turned 38 one month after he was born and 2nd baby 39--I turned the BIG 40 one month after he was born. SO you still have PLENTY of time. Try not to stress about it I know it is hard but God is working on it and in His time it will happen!!! All things are possible with Christ!! Just always keep him in this journey and in everything you do and things will happen. We are praying daily for both of you!! We love you!!

Lynn said...

It is me again!! I forgot to tell you I LOVE your new blog layout!! too cute!!

Christie Brookshire said...

Amy, I love your layout and I am so happy you are blogging again :) please know that we are all pulling (& praying) for you. I have always believed that there is a reason for everything - it doesn't always make sense but it always works out!

amy said...

Thank you so much Lynn and Christie! Need and love the encouraging words.

Lynn, I have found you!! I'm heading your way NOW!