Thursday, January 13, 2011

Quick change...

So, in thinking about the possibility of doing an IUI in February, I realized that we will be in Orlando visiting my Grandpa right in the middle of the big "O"!  So my mind has been wandering around different options.  I knew it was too late to do an IUI this month because I'm currently on day 11...the usual protocol is to take Clomid on days 5-9, too late!  Well, my wandering mind and fingers (Dr. Google) took me to a place that I hadn't even thought of.

As we know to be true, I ovulate normally and regularly (and beautifully as my RE says).  I don't really need meds to ovulate, the only good thing for me is that the meds do help produce multiple and bigger follicles...BUT, I don't need meds!!  We've decided to do a last minute (less expensive) UNmedicated IUI cycle.  Basically we will do the baby dance on our own starting this weekend and throw in the IUI in the middle of next week closer to ovulation.  I'm really excited about this and just pray, pray, pray it WORKS!  Also, in conjuction with the IUI I will be using those "cups" I mentioned before.  They are used for fertility now and have a TON of positive (positive meaning positive pregnancy tests, yay) feedback!

I will keep ya'll updated :) :) :)

4 Fabulous Comments:

waiting and wishing said...

Yahoo!! So excited for you! I want to hear a review of the "cups"... I have thought about using them, but I always shy away. Funny how a little cup scares me more than jabbing myself with needles. I guess nothing really makes sense when it comes to infertility :)

Stephanie said...

Exciting that you are moving forward this month! Good luck with everything! And PS - I've never heard of the cups before...

Anonymous said...

Good luck Amy!!! I hope the cup thing works for you!

So, I've been using Dr. Google recently, as well...have you ever heard of using Robitussin to get pregnant? Just wondering what you think about that....

Anyway, good luck!!!

amy said...

Thank you guys, so much :)

Stephanie,

The "cups" are called "Instead Cups" and they were used for your period (kind of an evironmentally, body friendly "retrieval" thing). Apparently it's like a little cup that has a flexible ring and you just insert it. Well...I've read on different forums that lately women are using them for conception and it's working really well. You BD and then IMMEDIATELY insert it and sleep with it overnite...makes sense! So, we'll see :) Google it and read the reviews!

Jenn,

YES, I've def heard of Robitussin....and my hubs has used it. His numbers for our 2nd IUI went up by like 7% for his motility (which is a small issue for him). Not sure if that was coincidence or the Robitussin. I just had him take like 3 or 4 tsp of it the night before the IUI (poor guy). Supposedly it thins out the seminal fluid so the swimmers can swim better ;)