Friday, November 16, 2012

Beta #1 AND Beta #2

I'm so sorry to not have shared my first beta number and leave you guys hanging.  However, there was no way I could come on here and post my first beta right away, and heaven forbid my second beta wasn't good...I just couldn't emotionally do it.  So, I waited to hear back from my 2nd!  Now on to the news!!

Beta #1-182 (9dp5dt)
Beta #2-388 (11dp5dt)
Progesterone-107 (HOLY COW!)

We are pregnant!!!!!!!!  We couldn't be happier right now!  We are fully aware that we are still early, and we are certainly still proceeding with caution...but we are still celebrating!! Even after my first beta, I could barely get excited, but now I'm allowing myself to get a bit more relaxed and enthusiastic!

I actually tested 4dp5dt (wayyy early!) and got a faint positive.  I continued to test and they got darker and darker!  It's just a surreal thing to see that +, we haven't seen that in over 3 years of this crazy journey!  I'm still trying to figure out (ha) what is going on in "there"...I kinda feel like it could be twins, simply because I got a positive SO early, and I'm quite bloated to be so newly pregnant.  Beta numbers are really not a good indication of twins really, I have learned that.  My progesterone on the other hand, yikes!  I don't know much about progesterone levels, but in my little research, high levels of it can certainly be a good indication.  Who really knows though.  I will be so happy with whatever we are blessed with :)  We have one more blood draw next Friday and then an ultrasound in about two weeks.  My only symptoms so far are a pretty good bloat, a little extra tired, the boob thing, and super thirsty!  I'm not one to over think symptoms, I used to do that in the very beginning, but it drove me crazy and became quite silly....but I wanted to share because I know how I stalked pregnant people's blogs about their symptoms ;)

I asked my mother-in-law how you begin to thank God for this miracle going on inside my body??  I don't even know where to start?  It makes me cry just thinking about it!  Her answer was to share it with people, share that God is good and is full of blessings.  Well, my friends, God is GREAT...I've never doubted that in this journey, and heaven forbid anything happen...I will never retract that statement. I've heard this quote that God has three answers to prayers: YES, NO or NOT YET.  It's so true.  We give Him all the glory!!!!!!!!  And many, many thanks and gratitude to my supporters on here...it gave me the strength and endurance I needed in weak times.  Your prayers were heard, oh my, they were heard!!!

9 Fabulous Comments:

waiting and wishing said...

Yay! Yay! Yay! My boys just looked at me like I was crazy when I screamed reading this- I am so stinking happy for you! I had a feeling there was good news coming, I am so glad I was right! I got my first positive with the boys at 4dp5dt.... Just sayin' :) I cant wait to hear about the ultrasound!!!!!!

Unknown said...

God is so good Amy. You have been so faithful and I am so happy for you and Jeromy. Those are going to be some beautiful babies! xoxo

Stephanie said...

OH MY GOSH THIS JUST MADE MY DAY!!! Totally deserves to be in all caps too! I can't even begin to express how excited I am for you! Those numbers are awesome! Praying for good numbers next week and a good first ultrasound. Your pregnant!!! Yay!!!!!

Ashley said...

So happy for you!!!! YOU ARE PREGNANT!!!!!

Ali said...

I get excited every time I hear this news. I'm so very happy that your dreams are coming true. Your baby or babies will be so loved and will be as blessed as you are. Love you
!

Alisha said...

OH MY GOSH! CONGRATULATIONS! I AM SOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU GUYS! :-D

(And shame on me for not stopping by here sooner. I didn't realize you were back to blogging!)

Anonymous said...

Amy- I couldn't be happier for you! I know we just "met" but your story brings tears to my eyes (every time)! I completely agree, God is great! Continued prayers for a healthy baby (or two!). CONGRATULATIONS!
Katherine

k.mart said...

Been busy with appointments and traveling, nowhere near a computer, and I come back to read this?! My heart sings.

Praying and hoping for beautiful updates all along the way!

Much love!!!

meredith919 said...

Congratulations!!! What wonderful news! My thoughts are prayers are with you! You deserve it!!!