Friday, November 2, 2012

Another step closer!!

My egg retrieval went very well!  I really thought I would be super nervous, but with all the prayer warriors out there, the Lord gave me so much peace...glory be to Him!  All I keep telling people that ask is how very blessed I feel already.  I feel blessed for this opportunity, blessed for the peace that surpasses all understanding, blessed for all the great results I'm getting so far, blessed to have such an amazing husband and support system...I am one blessed chick no doubt!! 

We went down to Greenville Tuesday night and stayed in a hotel because Asheville was calling for some snow...and I did NOT want to chance that drive (plus we were able to sleep in a little more).  This is all based on numbers and the perfect timing...could NOT be late to this.  I was put under and everything went very smoothly.  I was told pretty soon after I woke up that they retrieved 21 eggs.  The next morning I got the call from the embryologist that of the 21, 10 had fertilized normally.  You are expected to lose a few along the way, I hope not to lose any more!  So, I'm happy with that.  My expectations have been low simply because of my low AMH levels...so I'm totally happy with what we have!  I thought I would get regular updates, but apparently only 2.  She will call me very early tomorrow morning with another update.  So far they think I will be a 5 day transfer (which is preferred), but I will know more tomorrow!  I will be back for an update tomorrow :)  I'm feeling the love, support and prayers....it's working ;)

7 Fabulous Comments:

waiting and wishing said...

Thatrid great news, ten is fantastic!!! I'm looking forward to hearing more tomorrow. Grow little babes GROW!!

Sarah said...

New follower here:) I had my retrieval yesterday, got 20 eggs and 16 fertilized. I'm also at moderate risk for OHSS. Eek! Good luck to you! It's nice to follow someone who is in the same stage of IVF as me. Take care.
Sarah from Minneapolis

Stephanie said...

Those are wonderful numbers!! I am so happy for you and glad everything went well and you are at such peace going through the process. Hope you continue to get good updates tomorrow, a few days from now, and a few weeks from now!! :)

amy said...

Thank you ladies!! My sweet supporters :) Sarah-thank you for stopping by!! I wish you had a blog I could follow...you'll have to leave your updates in my comment section, I won't mind a bit :) Your numbers are fantastic!! I wish a few more of mine had fertilized, but nonetheless, I'm grateful. I will be praying for you and your little embies! Keep me posted!!

Anonymous said...

Ten is fantastic!! Grow, babies, grow!!! I just know this is it for you, Amy. I tear up just thinking about it. I will be thinking of you NON-STOP for the next two weeks! xoxox

k.mart said...

Good health, love and hugs to you! And thanks for the prayers for Maddie. xoxo

Holly said...

Woo hoo!!!! Praying! I think I'll have a day 5 also. Are you doing 2 embryos?