Tuesday, August 14, 2012

A little stressed

Not much is going on in the world of IVF, yet.  I don't have too much to write about, minus all my fears about doing it that seem to creep in ever so slowly.  Next week I'm supposed to be going in for the saline ultrasound and start the birth control at that time.  I started acupuncture last week, which I dreaded, but it ended up being just fine...it wasn't bad at all.  I have had thoughts of postponing the IVF a month to help give the acupuncture a chance to enhance whatever it's supposed to enhance!  I need to decide this like yesterday and I don't know what to do.  Not that a month will even make that big of a difference, but I'm sure it will help.  One thing we don't have on our side, since my reproductive system is janky, is TIME. We haven't even started this process and I'm already, I hate to say it, stressed! A baby has eluded us for over 3 years, so it's hard to believe that's it's even attainable. Fear and doubt have crept in...I definitely haven't missed them!! One minute I'm praying over all of my worries to the Lord, feeling His peace and reassurance. Peace, knowing that no matter what He is in control. Baby or no baby at the end of this He will show us incredible grace, and carry us through. Buuut, the next minute I'm completely overwhelmed with decisions, concerns, control, money, meds, work, my sanity, my body, my husband...all stemming from my infertility and this upcoming IVF. I sooo want to be that devout and faithful christian. This is a battle that compares to no other...it's twisted. I don't want to sound too Debby Downer! We are very excited, just overwhelmed and super nervous. Once we get this ball rolling, I will be posting a lot more with all the fun details! Humbly, we ask for your prayers :) I know there are some amazing prayer warriors on our side, and we are ridiculously grateful for you!!




6 Fabulous Comments:

waiting and wishing said...

It is so hard not to doubt the process, especially when you've been waiting so long! I think we've all been there- jumping into IVF is a super big deal, and certainly isn't an easy road, but you can do it. I think the stage you're at now is the hardest part- the waiting/stressing/wondering is all consuming. Once the ball really gets rolling, things happen so quickly that it just seems in some ways easier.
I'll be praying for you guys as you take a giant leap- I hope this is just the beginning of a dream come true!!!!

amy said...

Thank you so much :) I know you know how it feels, you have def been down this road. I can't believe you found the time to read and comment...you're having twins TODAY!! YAY!!

Stephanie said...

I can see going both ways with acupuncture; it worked for us after one time but I know that's pretty unusual, and you probably want to get the ball rolling and not delay anymore. I'd say go with what your gut is telling you. I can't wait to follow along with your journey again and I will be praying and wishing you all the luck in the world! I can't think of anyone more deserving than this!

Christy Marshall said...

i can not thank you enough for sharing this with us. and this was definitely not debby downer. it was real. i'm so ready for this journey:)!!!

Stephanie said...

Oh goodness, the trials of fertility treatments. This is your space to come to to vent so please do. We're all here for you!! :) I never did acupuncture but a good friend in real life swears by it and is expecting her second via IVF September 5. Something else she swears by - some type of therapy with the hubs. She said the acupuncture helped her stay relaxed and centered, but the therapy helped her and the hubs stay that way. Whatever you decide, stand behind it with conviction! Know its in His plan for you guys!! Prayers for yall and can't wait to follow along!!!

amy said...

Thanks guys!! The support is so helpful in these trying times :) So glad I have this little place to come to and be heard!