Friday, January 30, 2009

Happy Friday...I'm giving BLOOD!


I'm scared as all get out about donating blood today (YIKES)! I'm a BABY about needles as it is, and I'm a fairly petite person...passing the giving guidelines by only FIVE pounds, I'm scared I may be a little "fainty". Already this morning I've been hearing horror stories from girls that have donated in the past (PLEASE, ZIP IT)! I've never donated before, but a PINT of blood can save THREE lives...that's AMAZING to me!!! It's worth the temporary ringing in the ears, dizziness, lightheadedness and whatever miserable side effects follow!

Also...it's FRIDAY!!! YIPPY! Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend and enjoys the SUPER BOWL!!!

***edited to add***

Apparently I have the blood of a "Super Hero" (or so said the nurse)! I had the highest iron level of anyone she'd seen today. I didn't get woozy or lightheaded, and I feel GREAT! Now, the needle...not so hot on that, that thing was the size of a Bic stick pen, sheesh!!! I survived!

0 Fabulous Comments: