Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Guest Blogger!

I've hit it big time now y'all, I was asked to post as a guest blogger on one of my sweet friend's blogs!  Alisha, from Peace and Penguins, asked me to guest post and I was more than honored to do so.  I love Alisha's blog, please go check it out and you will see why.  A beautiful girl, with a beautiful heart, with a beautiful blog...nuf'said!

Soo, you would think I was asked to post about none other than infertility...not the case!  Something I don't talk much about on here (and I think I've said that before) is the dreaded topic of anxiety, ugghhh!  I don't like to focus on it here on my blog, and I really don't know why I don't talk about it much.  I most certainly think that I manage it well most of the time (and you can see how if you go read my post on Alisha's blog), so that's why I don't make it much of an issue here.  But I definitely have my struggles with it, and I really think it helps others when people can be transparent about what afflictions they have.  I follow several blogs with some amazing writers who garner 200+ comments in one blog post.  They have the most beautiful families, gorgeous children, the "perfect" husband, and that perfect job...a stay at home mom (I want that job so badly...I keep applying, but at this time they just aren't hiring).  Then one day you're reading about their seemingly "perfect" life, and then they reveal that they have fears and anxieties of their own that can be so overwhelming.  It's that moment when you realize you are not alone, nobody is perfect and it is going to be OK :)  This is what is so beautiful about the blogging world.  I'm so grateful to have this little space here (even if I don't keep up with it very well) to connect with and support others that are right where you are!!  Thank you to Alisha for even thinking of me, and I'm so glad I could be a part of this topic...I hope you enjoy it, and my prayer is that it reaches someone in need, and they know there is peace to be found in the valley...



***I really just realized I haven't updated my blog about all the changes we were going through...I will be back to do that soon.  If you're even following me anymore, I'll be back ;)





2 Fabulous Comments:

Stephanie said...

Totally still following and can't wait to read all your updates! I'm going right now to check out your blog post! I had my first issue in a long time with anxiety a few weeks ago when my dad got remarried and I was up on stage with him in front of 60+ people. I thought I was going to be sick, but I did it! It is SO nice to know we aren't alone dealing with anxiety!

Anonymous said...

This is fantastic! You're guest post was well-written and straight to the point. I love it! Your anxiety is nothing to be ashamed of!

Can't wait to hear about your updates :)