Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The journey

"Be kind because everyone is fighting some kind of battle".

I've heard this quote so many times, and I love the reminder that it holds.  I may have said this here before, but in some funky way I'm grateful for my infertility struggle.  If you can see the good through the bad or the bigger picture during troubled times or in times of waiting, it makes it far easier to get through.  I don't think for one minute that I'm waiting in vain (at times it may not sound like it here on my blog, through all the whining).  The big lesson I'm learning is that everyone certainly does struggle with something.  If we're being honest, I will say that it has taken this IF to help me to see it, fully understand it and act on it.  But, that is the beauty of struggle, pain, suffering, loss.

I was doing my daily blog readings a couple weeks ago and found that one of my IF bloggy friends announced she was three months pregnant!!  Her dream came true, her prayers were answered, all the hope she held onto finally became a reality...but the one thing that seemed to bother her was that this announcement would find other IF followers hurting.  The IF battle is so tricky and complicated.  I'm not so sure that anyone can truly unravel the tortuous and complex emotions that IF comes with.  Your dream comes true, but the sting of IF is still there.  Your prayers are answered, but your fears rise up for the stability of your pregnancy.  Your hope becomes reality, but yet you're apprehensive about sharing your joy with the IF community.  She is fully aware of others struggles.  The Lord came through for her, but while she waited, her heart was softened...in a way that only waiting on the Lord can do.

I understand, better, that so much lies in hope. It seems that people can survive almost anything, but not without hope. In all the wonderful blogs I visit, there seems to be one underlying message...hope. Hope endures.  If there is one thing that I can say to someone struggling with anything (reminding myself as well) is that the Lord knows your battle.  He placed it there.  He will get you through it, through His strength and grace alone. While you wait, pray for contentment. Always keep your hope alive, because He does want to grant you the desires of your heart...

9 Fabulous Comments:

Stephanie said...

Great post! Even after having my miracle baby, pregnancy announcements still sting a little. I wish I didn't feel that way, but I don't think it will truly every go away. Still praying for you and your miracle baby!

waiting and wishing said...

I love when I read a post that is absolutely meant for me in that moment. I needed this today- thanks for sharing your heart!

Christie Brookshire said...

Excellent post, Amy. I needed to hear that today. You're always in my prayers - love you!

Anonymous said...

what a wonderful post so beautifully written. I pray for contentment for all those who struggle- with contentment comes peace and the door remains open to more and more hope.

Thinking of you :)

Alisha said...

After looking through some of your posts, it is safe to say that you are wonderful! I love your blog. How brave of you to share your story with the blogging community; it's a person like you who helps the rest of us by being such an inspiration.

I will be adding you to my prayers :) In the meantime, keep on holding tight to your Faith. God never abandons those who need him!

-Alisha

Alisha said...

P.S. I LOVE that your blog header is named after a Journey song! "Faithfully" is one of my favorites :)

The Presutti's said...

New blog follower!!! I love your blog! Praying for you! Can't wait to get to know you!!!

The Presutti's said...

This lays on my heart today for sure! Great post!

Stephanie @ Blonde Highlights said...

Just found your blog and was hooked when I saw the journey song as your title... Then I started reading your posts and was just stunned by everything you have had to go through! I hope your new doc turns out to be the answer to your prayers!!

Xoxo, Stephanie @ Blonde Highlights