Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Gettin' crafty!

So who is tired of me talking about infertility??   I can just see you guys jumping up and down saying "ME, ME!" Ha!  Yea, well, me too...believe it or not!  I, myself, can't believe how much I can talk about infertility...it just monopolizes everything, booo!  So, in the last few days I've been really trying to think of things I can do to get my mind off of it already.  I made a date with a girlfriend of mine...and here is how our conversation went:


 Let's do something Friday night...
A: Um, I know you, you'll be too tired after work.
Me: Nah, I promise, I'm good...
A: Ok, let's do something out of our comfort zone!
Me: Sounds great, let's do it!
A: How about laser tag?
Me: No, does not sound fun whatsoever...and I'm 33, not 23 like you! (Yes, we are 10 years apart and yes, I know 33 isn't old)
A: Alright old lady...
Me:  How about roller skating?  (purely for shock value)
A: I'm 23, not 13...
Me: I was kidding about roller skating.
A:  How about bowling?
Me: Is this what it's come down to?
A: How about we just go see a movie, dinner and drinks? (the usual)
Me: I guess we don't have a choice (b/c there is absolutely nothing else to do), sounds good.  (NOT out of comfort zone whatsoever)

So then I get this great idea...let's be realllly lame and do arts and crafts, while having some wine of course!  Soooo...I start to google DIY fall projects....OMGoodness, wow there is so much.  WOW, people are soo creative and then spend a ton crap of time to take pictures, give a blow by blow on how to make it AND then blog about it!  So then, the next day this was our convo:

Me: How about a fall arts and crafts project and some wine!
A: So we go from laser tag to arts and crafts?
Me: Absolutely!
A: Awesome, let's do it!
Me: Yay...we're so cool!

This is what I found for us to do...it was A's idea to do a wreath, so this is what we settled on.  Hot glue guns, watch out!!


  http://www.craftaholicsanonymous.net/2011/09/burlap-fall-wreath-tutorial.html  Don't ya'll LOVE it??

I'm NOT creative whatsoever, but I like to be crafty (and I'm usually terrible at it)!  This might be the beginning of something...we shall see :)  I'll post some pics from our old lady arts and crafts night!  This might have to be a regular thing...


4 Fabulous Comments:

Alisha said...

I must warn you: once you start doing crafts, you can't stop! I LOVE the wreath! I'm planning to make one in the very near future :) Aren't they just so fun?

And don't feel lame for making crafts. It's a perfect activity to help you keep your mind busy!

P.S. I love that your best friend is 10 years younger than you! One of my best friends is 5 years older than me and she refers to me as "A" too! Oh, and I'm 23! Too funny!

waiting and wishing said...

I can't wait to see your finished product! I always find the best way to keep my mind off things is keeping my hands busy!

Serenity said...

Ok, getting crafty is ALWAYS fun! I can't wait to see the finished products!

Christy Marshall said...

LOVE IT...the wreath and the conversation. love you, a-hats!