Sunday, April 17, 2011

Beach Trip...

I had such a wonderful, relaxing time at the beach.  We went a little too early in my opinion.  It was rainy and chilly most of the time...we still managed to get a little sun though :)  I didn't take nearly enough pics, but here are a few. 



My sister-in-law and mother-in-law...I'm such a lucky girl :)







Love this pic...bro-in-law and sis-in-law and my hot hubs :)


We went to Myrtle Beach in SC, this is where my sister and I and my parents would vacay every summer.  I was hoping to go back and see the same sights and feel the same feelings I did when I was a kid.  Unfortunately, some of the "sights" and attractions were torn down and I guess I've just outgrown MB?  Since my mom passed away, I'm always seeking some sort of nostalgic feeling when I go to old places we used to go as a family.  Back when life was simple, my parents were together and my mom was alive.  It's hard because I don't have a big family whatsoever, and it's just my sister that lives close by.  I love reminiscing with her about past times with my parents, but she has her own family now with four children, making her own memories.  All I have left of my mother is memories...and sometimes it just isn't enough, but I know it has to be.  There will come a day that I will finally have children of my own, and I can create memories with them that they can look back on...trying their very best to find that nostalgic feeling I look for now.


2 Fabulous Comments:

Stephanie said...

Your trip looks wonderful and I totally get what you mean about trying to recreate memories almost. We go to a lake nearby every year, and a few different ladies have come with us as my dad's date. We stay in the same condo so it's jut weird - knowing my mom was there with us just a few years ago and now we are this "family" I don't even recognize sometimes. You will start your own traditions and create your own memories with your family very soon! :)

Christie Brookshire said...

Memories mean so much! I have so many of your mom and even though Kim is too busy for us these days, she remembers them too. Such good times! ;)