Monday, September 13, 2010

IUI update...

So, of course I started my cycle right on cue this month :(  But,  I have my "back up plan", so I'm at ease...for now!  I went in today for my "day 3" blood test to check my egg reserve, I should get the results tomorrow and I'm so anxious to hear them.  I will update with a quick little post tomorrow with the results.  I was told today that anything below a "10" is a good/positive result, so we'll see!

Dr. H had told me in my last appointment that he wanted to do an ultrasound just to see for himself what, if anything, was going on with my baby making stuff.  Dr. J (my Ob-gyn) has already done three on me in the past few months and never said he saw anything of concern.  So during my ultrasound today, Dr. H found two uterine fibroid cysts.  He asked me if Dr. J had ever mentioned them before, and of course, he hadn't.  Just a side note: I have been extremely disappointed with Dr. J in the past for things he disregarded as trivial, things he overlooked and inappropriate things he has said (not dirty inappropriate, just disrespectful and hurtful comments).  Sooo, something else that I'm frustrated about is the fact that Dr. J didn't either notice or just didn't mention these.  Side effects of having these cysts (not to be confused with ovarian cysts) is heavy, long and painful periods.  I have spoken to Dr. J about this recent problem.  I have never had heavy, long or painful periods as long as I can remember.  However, basically just since we started TTC my cycles got this way.  Dr. J said stuff like that just happens sometimes...maybe it could be cysts??  I'm not going to dwell on it, but this is something that could have easily been preventing us from becoming pregnant. 

Dr. H still wants to proceed with the IUI because he doesn't feel that the cysts are big enough to interfere with the procedure.  Furthermore, I'm game too because my body can put up all the road blocks it wants, but the Lord performs miracles everyday and I'm a believer!!!!

So, I start my meds on Wednesday thru Sunday.  I go in next Friday for another ultrasound, and if that looks good we'll be doing the IUI on that Saturday or Sunday.  Just wanted to give an update and we're asking humbly for your prayers.  This is a NERVE racking journey full of a ton of fears, for me anyways.  I'm off the charts with excitement about doing this and the potential AMAZING outcome of it...but the excitement, at this point, is still somewhat overshadowed with anxiety.  Prayers for Jeromy's continued love and support to sustain us through this would be appreciated....as I know it can be frustrating for him to "deal" with me in all of this (I can be difficult, as hard as it is to believe that ;) )

Thank you in advance for the prayers, positive thoughts and support through this journey :)  It means sooo much to us!!


3 Fabulous Comments:

Christie Brookshire said...

ok this is totally random but I just thought of this phrase you have said in the past or maybe you haven't actually said it, maybe it was on a tshirt you wore or something. I don't know. Anyway it is "I'm kind of a big deal." LoL. Anytime I hear that - I think of you!! Many prayers to you and Jeromy!

Markiesnana said...

I know that you will be having good news soon!
--NanaJan

amy said...

Christie...that's so funny (and random). Jeromy used to say that all the time!! I'm sure I've said it a few times ;) Thank you for your prayers!

Well HI Jan!! It's been a long time! Thank you for stopping by, I need to stop by your blog. What you said brought a big smile to my face...I'm hoping and praying for good news this month :)