Friday, September 24, 2010

Follie Check...double trouble ;)

As planned, I went in for my "follie" check this morning!  I have TWO almost mature follies!  Oh my!    I honestly didn't think that would happen.  I know...really silly.  I mean, I knew there was a possibility of having multiple follicles due to the fertility meds.  When I took my less stronger meds several months ago, I only had one mature follicle...so that's what I figured would happen again, but apparently with Clomid, higher chances of multiple follicles.  This only means a higher chance of getting pregnant, my doctor assured me the chance for twins is low...but in the same breath said it's always possible with more than one follicle, takes my breath away!  Hey, I'm just praying for one healthy swimmer to meet one healthy eggie and produce one healthy baby!!  The awesomeness (not sure if that's a word, pretty sure it's not) of conception is still not lost on me...especially now, through our struggle!  Is it not the most amazing thing God ever majestically designed??  WOW...

Something else Dr. H realized today is that I'm not "ready" for the IUI just yet.  I was tentatively scheduled for tomorrow morning, however the follicles are not quite mature yet.  I can't quite remember the measurements, but I believe they were 15 and 17 and they should be like 19 or something?  I was too busy being shocked at seeing two to focus on what he was saying!  Sooo...I will take one more ovulation test tomorrow morning and if it's positive I will do the IUI on Sunday morning.  If it's not positive I will have someone give me an HCG shot Saturday night and do the IUI Monday morning.  That someone might just be Jeromy.  I laughed when the nurse said Jeromy could give it to me...I replied "Um, yea, he probably won't do that!"  Shortly after I left I called Jero to laugh with him at the possibility of him actually giving me a shot in my butt...and he replied "Sure, I can do that!"  I said "Really, you could/would do that"?  "Of course" he said.  Sometimes I underestimate his wonderfulness (once again, not sure if it's a word)!!  I love that boy!!

I'll keep everyone posted on how it all goes down this weekend :)  Still asking for prayers please...

In the words of Chris Tomlin and Romans 8:31... "If our God is for us, than what can stand against?"






5 Fabulous Comments:

Ashley said...

Wow!! thats great news. I can't wait to hear how it goes. When will you know if you are pregnant? Will you just just wait for a lack of cycle and take a test or is it more complicated? Praying for you and your husband and for a "sticky" baby!!!!! Stick baby Stick!!!!

Stephanie said...

I'm new to your blog, but found you through a mutual bloggy friend. I am going in for my 2nd IUI tomorrow so we will be very close with our cycles! I wish you the best of luck and hope that you will see your BFP in just a couple short weeks! Well, I'm sure they won't feel like short weeks. :)

Lauren said...

Good luck to you, too! Happy sticky vibes all around :) Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

tiffabbey said...

Lots of luck to you Amy!!

Stephanie said...

If you don't mind, I'd love to ask you a few questions via email. You can reach me at sjennings@bakeru.edu.