Monday, November 7, 2011

This and That

So much going on with us these days!  Lots of good things, but still giving me lots to pray about to keep my worries at bay.

Before it gets too late to post about, I got a little crafty (yes, me) for my husbands Halloween costume.  We did a little role reversal thing....I was just hoping he would go for it.  I thought it would be hilarious if my hubs was a cheerleader and I was a football player (well, hilarious on his part, I was shooting for comfort on my part!).  I only have a couple pics from my blackberry, some of the people at the party we went to took some great pics, but I haven't gotten those yet.  So here is a pic of the skirt I bedazzled...I got it at TJMaxx...it was a woman's plain white tennis skirt-perfection!!  At first we decided that we were going to match teams for our outfits, but my mother-in-law suggested that I make him an Angel's cheerleader...his men's baseball team that he plays for that he is OBsessed with (yes, I know baseball doesn't have cheerleaders).  I was a Florida Gators football player.  How awesome is this bedazzled skirt??





This is the only picture of me that I got.  We are terrible at taking pictures!  It was a fun night, good friends and good times :)

On to more serious stuff ;)

**I got a new job!!  I'm very excited about it!!  My current job makes me want to jump from very high places on most days.  There are several reasons why I needed to make a change.  I start next week, I'm nervous but excited.  My sister's best friend works in the office at my new job, so it helps that I know her and I love her.  It's a much smaller office in comparison to where I work now...and this is perfect, it's what I've wanted and needed for a while now. 


**We put an offer in on an acre of land and they ACCEPTED our offer...WOOHOO!!  We've gone back and forth on where we actually want to build.  My hubs dad has some land we thought about building on, but it's right beside his mom's house and she will soon be selling, so we sought out other options.  Our lot is in this neighborhood that only has about 5 houses in it right now, and several other lots for sale.  My husbands brother and sis-in-law just bought a gorgeous home in this same neighborhood AND, my husbands sister and bro-in-law got accepted on an offer for land right beside us!!  Did you follow that?  So, basically my sis-in-laws and bro-in-laws (all 6 of us) will be in the same neighborhood...we're tight like that ;)  We all love the idea of being very close.  It's not quite a done deal yet, we are still holding our breath waiting to see if this land passes the perk test.  It's rumored that a few plots of land in this neighborhood have failed perk tests...which means the land is unbuildable.  It is getting perked this week and we should know something soon.  My sis-in-law and her hubs are awaiting the same test!  It would suck if one perked and one didn't or they both didn't...but we are believing they will pass!!  So, I will keep ya'll posted :)

**My husband is up to some big changes too, but I won't go into detail until those happen.  Like I said before, all good changes, but things to pray about to ensure we are making the right decisions.  All these changes are happening at the same time and I'm just spent worrying about every detail of them.  I sometimes wish I could go back to my "younger" days when I didn't take things so seriously and over think e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g!  With that being said, though, I know exactly where to go when the worry starts to get to me...to the cross, lay it there.  The reassurance of God's promises keep me focused!

**I'm still working on my 90 days of supplements from the Naturopathic doctor.  I'm almost done with it, unless he has other plans when I go back.  I haven't noticed many changes, but I suppose I wouldn't really notice until we start trying again.  Which, by the way, not TTC is way wierd at this point.  Actually avoiding around ovulation is strange...and wrong, just sayin ;)  And then, with my new job, I won't have insurance right away...so I must continue to avoid TTC??!!  The clock just ticks...I'm now half way to my 34th birthday :( 

Soo...that was a long post.  I will wrap up now...I'll be back with updates :)








6 Fabulous Comments:

waiting and wishing said...

It sounds like there are a lot of exciting things happening in your neck of the woods! Glad to hear that life, while busy, is good! ...Avoiding TTC, I can't even imagine how that one feels!!!

Christy Marshall said...

i get so excited when you blog. you keep me entertained. i love jeromy's skirt. good job.

Stephanie said...

This is all such exciting news! I hope things with your husband pans out too!

Anonymous said...

such exciting things going on!!! the skirt is just way too cute :)

glad to hear you are working with tne natural supplements . . .have you thought about doing the good old fashioned charting? I learned a lot about how the "natural" things I was doing was affecting my cycles. It is a commitment but I learned more from my own charting than I do from 2 OB's and 2 RE's!!

good luck with the land and the new job!

Alisha said...

ADORABLE Halloween costumes! And a huge congrats on all of this incredibly exciting news :-) You guys deserve it.

Anonymous said...

Those costumes are so great and SO creative! Good work :)