Monday, November 21, 2011

Feeding my soul...

One of my favorite blogs Kelly's Korner always has the "Show Us Your Life" link up posts.  A lot of times I have nothing to offer to link up for, and sometimes I do, but I'm just too lazy to do it (did I mention I'm a lazy blogger?).  A while back she had "Show Us Your Life-Favorite Devotionals"...I wanted so bad to link up and talk about my favorite devotional, because I'm so in love with it and it feeds me so much, spiritually,  e.v.e.r.y.d.a.y!  So, after reading today's devotion, I really want to share it with you in hopes that it will give you hope and the reminder that the Lord knows our hearts desires, and that He will not be late. This is the book...



November 20th (actually I'm behind a day, it was yesterdays):

Waiting may seem like an easy thing to do, but it is a discipline that a Christian soldier does not learn without years of training.  Marching and drills are much easier for God's warriors than standing still.

There are times of indecision and confusion, when even the most willing person, who eagerly desires to serve the Lord, does not know what direction to take.  So what should you do when you find yourself in this situation?  Should you allow yourself to be overcome with despair?  Should you turn back in cowardice or in fear or rush ahead in ignorance?

No, you should simply wait-but wait in prayer.  Call upon God and plead your case before Him, telling Him of your difficulty and reminding Him of His promise to help.

Wait in faith.  Express your unwavering confidence in Him.  And believe that even if He keeps you waiting until midnight, He will come at the right time to fulfill His vision for you.

Wait in quiet patience. Never complain about what you believe to be the cause of your problems, as the children of Israel did against Moses.  Accept your situation exactly as it is and then simply place it with your whole heart into the hand of your covenant God.  And while removing any self-will, say to Him, "Lord, 'Not my will, but yours be done' (Luke 22:42).  I do not know what to do, and I am in great need.  But I will wait until You divide the flood before me or drive back my enemies.  I will wait even if You keep me here many days, for my heart is fixed on You alone, dear Lord.  And my spirit will wait for You with full confidence that You will still be my joy and my salvation, 'for You have been my refuge, and a strong tower against the foe' (Ps. 61:3)."


4 Fabulous Comments:

k.mart said...

Beautiful and true, Amy. And good. So, so good. HUGS!

Stephanie @ Blonde Highlights said...

I love that devotional! I am really trying to keep up with my daily devotional via my iPhone app... but may have to purchase this one too!

Hope you have a wonderful thanksgiving! XOXO

Sarah said...

Wow. Those are some words that I have needed to hear as well. Thank you for sharing.

Anonymous said...

You've been nominated for the Leibster Blog Award!

http://futurefords.wordpress.com/2011/11/24/i-won-an-award/