Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Lowww

Unfortunately, I am in a really low place right now.  (kinda hypocritical of my last post, I know).  I just can't help it.  I'm a few days away from getting my period...and I say that b/c that's exactly what's going to happen.  I'm trying to be ok with it, but it's hard.  Some cycles are harder than others.  For instance, my first failed IUI was devastating.  After trying in vain for so long and you try something new, your hope is renewed and VERY high.  Like this month...2nd cycle post lap surgery coupled with a round of Clomid --I just got my hopes up really high.  I hear people say, don't get your hopes up so high...but really, how is that possible??  And, I know I'm writing this post prematurely, but I'm just feeling so emotional and I need an outlet!  Last night I just cuddled up to my husband and cried, crying helps and I slept really good...so,that's a bonus I suppose??

And, why when you're feeling at your possible lowest do some things slap you right in the face?  My very first patient this morning (before I could even say good morning) bounced in the front doors and said "Do you wanna see a picture of my new granddaughter?"  I immediately got that lump in my throat and all I could muster was "Ok"...not "Sure, I'd love to" or "Absolutely".  Luckily for me, my co-worker took on the enthusiasm that I lacked, and complimented her and her new grandbaby.  And as I sit and write this, Rachel Ray is on in the waiting room.  You know the identical triplet women, they're models and one of them is married to Dr. Phil's son?  Yea, they all THREE got pregnant at the same time...nice!  How cute is that??  How awesome it would be to say "Hey, let's get pregnant"...and viola, nine months later a baby is born!? 

I know I'm going to look back on this post and want to kick myself for how ugly I sound...but this is how I really feel right now.  For some reason Clomid wasn't that kind to me this cycle and I absolutely dread doing it again, or for that matter a new protocol of drugs?  It gave me the worst anxiety ever for like a week after I took it.  I don't talk about it much on here (or at all really), but I already struggle with anxiety in general, and this infertility just enhances it :(

I'm fighting myself on my current attitude.  I feel so bitter/sad/anxious/frustrated and I just have to trust that the Lord will not give me any more than I can emotionally or physically handle.  Sometimes I just wish that the Lord would remove the desire to have children from my heart!  I know it could be worse, and I know women out there have struggled far beyond what I have.   But, at the same time, I know it's all relative and this is how I'm feeling at this particular time...

8 Fabulous Comments:

Stephanie said...

Hey friend, I feel this way from time to time too. Don't apologize or beat yourself up for feeling your emotions. It sucks, no denying it! Just wanted you to know you aren't alone and I'm saying prayers for you!

waiting and wishing said...

I think we can all relate to the peaks and valleys of this journey. It is hard to be in a low spot, but when I'm there I try to remember how great it is going to feel one of these days when I'm at the peak... how satisfying it will feel to look back at the climb you just completed! Hang in there- you're a strong lady... You can do this!!!

Stephanie said...

Have you checked into taking Femara instead of Clomid? I liked that a whole lot better, and it's basically the same thing. And I agree that nothing is easy about IF and we all have our down times. I'm sorry this is one of those times for you right now, but I know you are strong and can get through anything!

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry you are feeling this way, but know that you are not alone. I usually go through a good week funk before my period until I am well into the next cycle. Hope hurts when you try so hard to muster it up just to try again.

Please blame the clomid for the extra anxiety! It made me absolutely nuts and I felt I didnt know who I was.

I am glad you were able to get these feelings out of your heart :)

amy said...

Thank you all sooo much for your kind words...I so needed that pick me up :) Not sure what I would do w/o my IF friends! I'm so grateful.

Stephanie- I did do Femara one month, and you are right it is much better...but it's 18 bucks for Clomid compared to 75 for Femara! I might have to suck it up and do it though.

Thanks girls!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry you're in a low spot Amy. It's especially hard to be feeling low and then have something unexpected (like a pregnancy annoucement or someone grandkids) slap you down even further.

I struggle with anxiety too and I know how much infertility anxiety sucks. Thinking of you.

Serenity said...

Thinking of you sweetie! We all have low days, don't beat yourself up over it!

Christie Brookshire said...

oh Amy :( I really hate this. I want you pregnant as bad as you want you pregnant :) hang in there! love ya <3