Friday, February 20, 2009

Pinky Swear!!!

Yep, I'm printing this off TODAY and taking it to the hubs to sign TONIGHT! You can bet your bottom dollar on that one! Why, you ask? Well, I haven't discussed (that I can remember) my absolute DESIRE and PASSION for wanting to start a family...well I'm laying it out right HERE and right NOW! Jeromy tends to, most of the time, shy away from the conversation...explaining that we need to wait for this and wait for that. I fully understand the necessity of waiting until we are financially, emotionally and physically (nice home with a nursery) ready! Well, other than the fact that we are needing to sell our townhome to have a more spacious home for children...I believe we are ready.

Sure we would love to have 5 more years together with no children, but let's do the math here! I will be 31 in less than THREE months and I want at least TWO children. God willing I get pregnant (if I can convince the hubs, which is my BIGGEST hurdle) sometime this year, at least in the next 6 months...I will be 32 when I have my first (like I said, God willing!!!). I admit, it's not that old, but I would PREFER my children to be 2-3 years apart...here's where it starts getting tricky! I wouldn't have a 2nd child (God willing) until I was around 35! Now, for those "older" parents I'm not knockin' it...my preference would just be to be somewhat of a young mother.

I'm hoping this doesn't come off shallow, b/c this is truly important to me and every fiber of my being is the desire to be a mother! Some people feel the inherent need/feeling/yearning to be something, do something and mine is to be a mother...and to pass on the immense love that I was raised with! Oh, and to not have to punch a timeclock EVER again!

So, back to the pinky swearing. I'm gonna do it. Jero has JUST begun to entertain the idea of starting a family sometime later this year, but I need it in writing...signed, sealed and delivered baby! Wow, do I sound crucial or what?

Being the Christian woman that I am, I know this will happen on God's time and NOT mine...that I know. The Lord has a plan for Jeromy and I and there is nothing I can do to intervene, nor do I want to. I just wanna make a PLAN to start trying and then leave the rest in God's hands...that's all I'm sayin! Oh, and a signed agreement by my husband....

3 Fabulous Comments:

Bloggymommy said...

Oh good luck hon!You will be such a great mother. Tell Jeromy that there will NEVER be the "right" time. There will always be something that one or both of you feel needs to be done, taken care of, saved for, etc. I understand you desire to be a mother b/c I've had that same desire since I could walk. Now I have three precious kids and even though we should've, would've, could've first I'm so glad we didn't. Good luck to you and as always God bless! :)

k.mart said...

Praying for your pinky promise to turn into God's timing just as you hope!

We, for ones, can't wait to see little babies running around on this blog! :)

Markiesnana said...

Amy -- Tell your husband this: My daughter just had her third baby. The first one was born while then were living in a FRAT house on the third floor, while her hubby was attending college. She waitressed while he basically lived on school loans. Then they came back to Boston, so he could specialize, and they lived in a small apt. where their second one was born. He was still a student. Neither one had a nursery or much room for toys and belongings. They didn't notice. Her third one was born back here in town, and finally it is in their own home and he works full time and this new baby has his own beautiful nursery. Were the other two babies too early in his career? No, they welcomed them with open arms, and just made do, until education was completed and a career began. Invite the babies. They will be sent to you, God willing. Your life will be enriched more than you know!