Thursday, December 20, 2012

2nd Ultrasound (oh, my creative titles!)

Yay for a second ultrasound!  I feel privileged to have been able to see our baby two times already, that's what doing IVF will do for you :)  The week leading up to the second u/s was a little stressful because my expectations of pregnancy weren't fulfilled (ha).  Like right after the first u/s I was feeling a little queasy, extra tired and some other little symptoms.  However, a few days later (like a week before the second u/s) they stopped completely.  I got energy back, no more nausea, nothing!  I was worried all week.  I talked to moms about it and was reassured that everyone is different and that I was just fine.  I just hated having no symptoms.  YES, I actually want to be nauseous and tired...it helps me :)  Sooo, I got my wish!  The day before my second u/s I woke up with the worst nausea...and it stayed all day and all night and has pretty much been like that since...YAY!  The only problem now is I like to eat when I'm nauseous, wierd, I know....and I'm def eating and eating and eating some more.  I know most people, when nauseous, can't even look at food, yea I don't have that problem.  I have zero food aversions, my only problem is after I eat, sometimes I get even more nauseous...and if I get nauseous after I eat, I can't stand to look at that particular food again.  I don't really have any crazy cravings, just digging any type of salad and any and all chips...can't get enough chips and dip (not so healthy)!  Everything else has been going great.  Just trying to enjoy this pregnancy and push any apprehension and fears away, I'm such a worrier!

The ultrasound went really great!  Our little guy/gal more than doubled in size it seemed!  You could see little arms starting to form and it's sweet little head and body...we are in LOVE!  Heart rate was really up there at 184 bpm.  Of course I was questioning why so high.  I learned that between 8-10 weeks the babies HB is at it's highest, and then evens out around week 12.  Here's a pic of our sweet little babe :)


We were released from our RE's office and have an appointment next week with our OB, yay!!  Maybe he will do ANOTHER u/s, oh I hope!  It's starting to feel a bit more real now, still kinda surreal though.  Thank you for all of the beautiful comments/texts/messages...they warm my heart and soul, truly.  Here is a pic the secretary took of us to put on their website.



I would be remiss if I didn't mention some other things going on.  First, the shooting in CT.  I haven't stopped crying over those poor little babies.  I, as many others, can't even put into words how I feel about it.  I do feel like we live in a fallen world, and sin is greater now than ever.  All I can do is get on my knees and pray for this world, and for those families that can no longer hug their sweet babies. 

Today marks 10 years that my mom left this world and went to heaven.  It's still heartbreaking.  Especially now that I'm pregnant, and I know she would have loved this time.  I have so many amazing memories to carry me through though, and I know I will see her again...and let me tell you, I can not wait for that beautiful day :)  She was a beautiful woman inside and out and will always be remembered and loved so much!



5 Fabulous Comments:

waiting and wishing said...

I'm so happy to hear things are still going well for you! I was exactly the same way about the symptoms. It was a love/hate relationship- loved the reassurance but could have done without the exhaustion and upset stomach!

Anonymous said...

Amy- yay! I'm so happy to hear the wonderful news! I am right there with you on the symptoms. They do come and go. Enjoy your pregnancy : ) So happy to be on this journey with you. God is good!
Big hugs sent your way. Your mom seemed like a beautiful woman.
Katherine

k.mart said...

I always comforted myself too, during Hope's high risk pregnancy, when I felt nauseated and such! Just the beginning of always wishing to take on the pain if it means your baby is healthy... proving you've got such beautiful, Mama genes that run deep my friend. :) And your sweet mother; she was truly a special lady who was always so good to us when she would come visit. Christmas hugs and New Year's happiness to you and your little miracle bump!

Stephanie said...

I know what you mean about wishing you had some symptoms to help ease your worry. How wonderful that you've already graduated from your RE and the picture for the website is adorable! Your hair has gotten really long! Your mom is beautiful, you two look a lot alike.

Holly said...

Amy, so so happy for you guys! I love that you actually want to feel sick, I was/will be the same way. I'm glad the 2nd ultrasound went well. I think us IVF people need more reassurance!! So so exciting. I get to try again in February so HOPEFULLY I'll be right behind you guys ;)